Life By Bicycle @ Wordpress

Bicycling & Alternative Transportation Collection.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

A sad Loss

Today, was supposed to be a day of celebration, both my sister and brother were in a dance recital and I got out and rode, so it was good exercise, I had originally planned to attend a concert that was scheduled for 1400 hours, A Choral Celebration. Upon arriving though, early as it were as the time dwindled down it was understood that, apparently it had been canceled. Now I had traveled to the College where the performance was expected to take place and saw my brothers bike out front locked up. Not to securely which I am sorry to say was proven later that night when he was expecting to travel home.
His bike a Specialized Rock Hopper, red and black, a nice bike had been stolen while he was performing. A good bike but more built for Mountain Biking, and not so much for commuting though that is what he used it for regularly.

I would of liked to tell him that ineffectiveness of cable locks but apparently he saw by example. I wrote an article on bike security on my blog which could of helped in that situation but there can be no guarantees.

So what can we each do in this situation, what has been some of your experiences and some of the solutions you have found to be effective in securing a bike?

All comments are welcome.

No comments: