Life By Bicycle @ Wordpress

Bicycling & Alternative Transportation Collection.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cycle In the Rain

To cruise the boulevards as the rain pours from the sky, to venture that journey for the sake of the ride, to do is not wait. So I ride, whether rain is falling or the sun is shining. I made a choice long ago to cycle, for whatever I needed. I will admit I have had some interesting experiences, as diverse as you can imagine. At one point in time I rode from Salinas, to Hollister via bike for a job in a storage facility and rode back that same day.

A time previous, I had a job interview, and figured I would cycle there, no problem right? Well it would not of been had it not rained previously and the downhill as exciting as it was full of puddles. So I cruised along highway 68 up and over Laureles Grade and by the time I arrived at the winery, I was all different colors. As far as that went I did not get the job but what a great way to arrive don't you think? :) Well still I ride, hopefully wiser then previously, and prepared if I need to go to an interview to have an extra set of clothes just for the ride. The wonders of panniers huh.

Well that is the story for today hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: