Life By Bicycle @ Wordpress

Bicycling & Alternative Transportation Collection.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

After the Initial Inspiration I went out and rode

To put action to the words, is the only way sometimes to overcome and change …

Even if it was only a short ride to the local library to pick up Nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult as I had read some reviews of it on Heliumand decided to go and get a copy fortunately there was one on hand at a library near here.

There was also a book that was Overdue The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho that had been recommended to me, and I had read it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Yet I had fallen behind whether because I was in a habit of not getting out and riding or simply procrastination but I knew I had to do it and after seeing another cyclist still riding in the pouring rain I went for it.

Since it was raining though I put the Book in my Pannier(Click to Define what Pannier is) which I have found indispensable in riding my bike more. Not to mention it is great for bicycle commuting to boot. Put a plastic bag over the book to be sure none of the water would find it’s pages and opened the garage and was on my way.

As I am an advocate of bicycling as a vehicle, I followed the roads out and stayed on the roads from my house to the library and back using turn signals and keeping pace while getting soaked. I can honestly say though it felt good to be out there by Human Power traveling with traffic and even when I got home I may of been soaked but was glad I got out there and put action to the words, thanks to the anonymous cyclist who was doing just that. Putting action to the words rain or shine.

No comments: