Life By Bicycle @ Wordpress

Bicycling & Alternative Transportation Collection.

Friday, January 22, 2010

A Challenge to Ride my Bike More By February 28th 2010

When I go biking, I repeat a mantra of the day’s sensations: bright sun, blue sky, warm breeze, blue jay’s call, ice melting and so on. This helps me transcend the traffic, ignore the clamorings of work, leave all the mind theaters behind and focus on nature instead. I still must abide by the rules of the road, of biking, of gravity. But I am mentally far away from civilization. The world is breaking someone else’s heart. ~Diane Ackerman

Such great words, to take on the challenge is to keep on task, rain or shine, whether easy or difficult I truly need to take the steps and get back out there and ride, it is sad to say the one account I setup for bicycling related information on twitter has been to long devoid of new thoughts or ideas and stories of rides which previously was what became the tweets from that account.

As Such from this point forward to February 2010, I need to take the steps and ride, as the initial plan before was to travel to Boston and ride come March, but to do that requires some previous conditioning and additional income both of which are on my goals list. So this is the start, the rest of the story can only be seen as the action is taken and I get out and ride again.

No comments: