Life By Bicycle @ Wordpress

Bicycling & Alternative Transportation Collection.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rain Falling and a Man Still Riding

While I was out today, I saw something that reminded me of the fact that really there is no excuse, rain or shine, you can always ride a bike. As I was sitting in the car, near the Salvation Army I see a cyclist fly by, wearing reflective clothes and cruising at an amazing speed soaked to a point where his outside slicker was stuck to his skin but he was still riding, not caring that rain was falling or water that may of been flying up into his face.

It reminded me that you can ride no matter the weather it is just a matter of gritting your teeth jumping on the bike and riding rain or shine, I wish I would of got a picture, but it was surely a reminder to me as a visual cue that it can be done, that riding a bike more can and should be done.

To whomever that is, thanks for the reminder, and the reason to make this challenge come about by Februrary 28th 2010.

2 comments:

sakura hasegawa said...

I used to ride the bike every single day. cycling makes me happy.. then i had to work and my schedule got a lot more hectic than before so now I just ride on weekends. I still miss doing it everyday though. thanks for posting this. :)

Knatchwa said...

Your quite welcome, I understand how life has a tendency to get in the way, Sometimes though you can make it work better for you by adding a bike ride in during any chance you may have to ride, a bicycle commute perhaps, or just as long as you are able to enjoy the rides on the weekends at the very least you still ride.

I need to do the same sometimes to remember that it is important to still ride, as it benefits your health and is a great way to travel point to point.